Friday, 27 April 2018
The Henshaw Competition
The Henshaw Short Story Competition
The June Competition is now open, with a closing date of 30th June.
Prizes: First Prize £100, 2nd Prize £50, 3rd Prize £25
The results of our March Competition will be published on this web site by the 30th April.
1. Entries must be a fictional short story of up to 2000 words on any theme.
2. Entries must be on A4, double spaced and page numbered with the title on each page..
3. All entries must be the original work of the Author, must not have been published before the date of submission and must be accompanied by a single information page containing the author's name, address and telephone number.
4. The Author's name must not appear as a title or in the body of any page other than the author information page.
5. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
6. Do keep a copy of your entry, manuscripts cannot be returned.
7. The judges’ view is final and no correspondence will be entered into in connection with the award of the prizes.
8. Prize Winning Stories will be published on this site.
9. Entries may be made by E mail (preferred), as a Word document, or by post.
10. Entering the competition gives Henshawpress the once only permission to publish the story in an anthology. It is intended to produce the next anthology in 2019 when there have been sufficient prize winning stories.
11. Receipt of all entries will be acknowledged by e-mail or by post where no e-mail address is available.
12. Entrants must be aged over sixteen. If you are sixteen or under do have a look at our Young Writers page.
Each entry by post must be accompanied by a cheque for £5 payable to G. Jennings and sent to:
The Henshaw Competition
24 Rowlandson Close
Entries by E-mail should pay the appropriate fee using the button below and send their story separately to:-
For an extra £10 we will provide a critique of a story after the results of the competition have been published
We never have and never will divulge author information to anyone without specific permission from the author.
Born in 2017, the Society of Spanish Researchers invites talented and original writers to write a 100-word blurb for a hypothetical novel. T...
Ireland’s Own Open Short Story section (maximum 2,000 words) is open to all and carries a prize fund of €1,000 – a first prize of €600;...
‘Wordsmiths’ is set to be an annual writing competition of a different nature. The format has been thrown wide open to give a level-pla...