Awarded for an original work of short fiction under 2000 words
The aim of the Desperate Literature Short Fiction Prize is both to celebrate the best of new short fiction and to give winners the most visibility possible for their writing. That’s why we’ve teamed up with ten different literary and artistic institutions to make sure that the winners and runners-up receive not only a cash prize and a writing retreat but that all our shortlisters have the opportunity to be published in multiple print and online locations, have their work put in front of literary agents and perform in multiple countries.
Last year we received over 450 entries from 36 countries and produced the beautiful booklet Eleven Stories, which you can see below.
This year we’ve just added more to the kitty.
The Desperate Literature Short Fiction Prize adheres to CLMP’s Contest Code of Ethics
– A week’s residency at the Civitella Ranieri Foundation
– A consultation with a US Literary Agent from Foundry Literary + Media.
– €250 (two prizes available).
All Shortlisted Writers:
– Will be published in a truly smashing, limited edition Risograph booklet published by ourselves truly and launched at the Desperate Literature Short Fiction Prize Salon, Madrid
– Publication in 3:AM, Structo Magazine, Helter Skelter, The London Magazine, and The Second Shelf (women only)
– Participation in Desperate Literature Prize Salons (Salons, no less) at Desperate Literature, Madrid; Shakespeare and Company, Paris; Burley Fisher, London; and The Second Shelf, London (women only)
– Limited edition prints by Ruda Studio
– Participation in the Rizoma Film Festival.
One Shortlisted Winner:
– Will be selected for a week’s residency at Casa Ana, Andalusia, as part of their Creative Writing Programme.*
*before entering, please read our eligibility and conditions to see how the prize is funded, prize details, entry conditions and to assess your eligibility.
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a message.