This Blog is mainly about creative writing,writing competitions, writing contests, poetry contests,poetry competitions, writing quotes and other useful writing information. I will, when I find them, post information on writers' workshops, tutorials and other creative links. I hope you enjoy! You may buy books in the corner Book Store safe in the knowledge you have all the protection of Amazon.Please pass on URL to any writer friends.
Friday, 4 October 2019
IHS International Haiku Competition 2019
HS International Haiku Competition 2019 Rules
The Competition Prizes
The IHS International Haiku Competition offers prizes of
Euro 150, Euro 50 and Euro 30
for unpublished haiku/senryu in English.
In addition there will be up to seven Highly Commended haiku/senryu.
Entrants may win more than one prize.
All the entries shall be postmarked by 30th November 2019. Overseas (non-EU) entries mailed in the month up to and including this closing date must be sent by airmail.
Address for Entries:
The IHS International Haiku Competition 2019
75 Willow Park Grove
The Rules of the Competition
1. Entrants may submit an unlimited number of haiku/senryu in any language.
2. A haiku/senryu written in Irish (Gaelic), or in a foreign language, should be submitted accompanied by an English translation of the haiku on the same list. These translations cannot be made by the adjudicator of the competition or edited by him.
3. Haiku by international and Irish poets, including members of the IHS, are eligible for the competition. Haiku by the members of the Board of the IHS are not eligible.
4. Each haiku must be accompanied by a fee of Euro 3 or £2.50 sterling or ¥ 500, or USA $4. Or with each seven haiku: Euro 20 or £15 sterling or ¥ 3000 or $25. Methods of payment: personal cheques, International Bank Drafts or postal/money orders in Euro, or U.K Sterling, or US Dollars only, are acceptable and should be made payable to The Irish Haiku Society. No other cheques/ International Bank Drafts/ postal/money orders can be accepted. Entrants in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other countries should send Euro, US, Sterling or Yen banknotes, unless they have an Ireland-, US- or UK-based bank account. Please do not send coins.
PayPal payments can be made via ihshaikucompetition[at]gmail[dot]com For that, please create an account with http://www.paypal.com, then click "Send Money" in the menu bar at the top of the page - and send the required amount of money to ihshaikucompetition[at]gmail[dot]com You can link your Paypal account to your bank account and transfer some money onto it before you make this payment.
5. Haiku/senryu of 17 syllables or fewer are eligible for the competition. Free-form and experimental haiku are also welcome. All haiku must be the original work of a living author. They must not have been previously published, self-published, published on an edited or unedited website, or have won a prize, or Honourable Mention, at a haiku contest.
6. The poems must be typed or very clearly written on one side of the paper only. Each haiku must be submitted on a separate sheet of paper, or e-mailed to the competition administrator as a MS Word file attached to your e-mail. E-mail submissions can be made via ihshaikucompetition[at]gmail[dot]com
7. The haiku and payment should be firmly attached to the entry form/covering letter. The name of the entrant must not appear on the poems themselves (or in the file attached to the e-mail).
8. Contestants are asked to provide a covering letter with their Name, Address, Phone Number, E-mail address, Date of Birth, Nationality, Occupation, any Haiku group affiliation and the first lines of their poems. This information can be included in the body of the e-mail but not in the attached file. The name of the translator(s), if any, must also appear in the covering letter but not on the poems themselves.
9. No alterations can be made to the haiku once it has been submitted, and it is regretted that no entries can be returned.
10. Haiku cannot be submitted via the adjudicator of the competition. Any attempt to contact the adjudicator of the competition in relation to it will result in immediate disqualification.
11. The judge's decisions are final and no correspondence can be entered into regarding those decisions.
Submission of haiku implies the competitor's acceptance of the conditions set out above.
The prize-winners will be announced in January 2020 and subsequently awarded. A list of the prize-winners will be posted up on the IHS website at
http://www.irishhaiku.webs.com/haikucompetition.htm as soon as they are announced.
Copyright will remain with the competitors, but the Irish Haiku Society reserves the right to arrange first publication or broadcast of selected haiku as it sees fit.
Anatoly Kudryavitsky is the editor of Shamrock Haiku Journal and the founding President of the Irish Haiku Society. His own collections include Shadow of Time (2005), Morning at Mount Ring (2007), Capering Moons (2011) and Horizon (2016), the latter three being collections of haiku, senryu and haibun. His haiku have received awards in Ireland, Japan, USA, Italy, Croatia, Romania and Canada, were published in the main haiku magazines and widely anthologised.
IHS International Haiku Competition 2018 Results
The Irish Haiku Society is proud to announce the results of the eleventh IHS International Haiku Competition. Over 300 haiku by poets from fourteen countries/territories were submitted to this year's competition. It was adjudicated by Anatoly Kudryavitsky, and judged blindly. The following is the list of prize-winning and highly commended haiku.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Anthology Poetry Award
Entries are now invited for the Anthology Poetry Award. Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing a...
Parkinson’s Art are pleased to announce their latest charity poetry competition - Poetry in performance. This will complement our wonderfu...
Could you be the next Parkinson’s Art Poet of the Year? Entries are invited for this prestigious, annual poetry competition. Our theme this...
Nelson Algren Short Story Award - Deadline Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015 #seanocarolan.com #writing #contests #competitions #prize #Short #StoryNelson Algren Short Story Award CLARIFICATION: Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015. The Nelson Algren Liter...
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a message.